Hood cover poppers best tool and positions?

Last bit of the interior to do is fit the cover. 

There are external poppers to attach to the existing car body hood snap buttons which is fine. But there are four straps which attach inside the car anyone able to put up some pictures as to where they fit inside before I drill any holes!

I have a bag full of press stud poppers two different types but I suspect do the same job what's the best tool for fitting these?

Finally what's the best way of folding the hood to avoid creasing the clear plastic panels?

Thanks

Andy

IMG_3419.jpeg

3 hours ago, PodOne said:

Finally what's the best way of folding the hood to avoid creasing the clear plastic panels?

I usually unzip the main clear rear window to let it hang down. Then when the roof is down, pull the hood towards the boot getting it straight and even, then fold it back towards the car and finally diagonally fold each side in along the edge of the side windows to avoid them being creased. 

No idea if that makes sense but good luck!

Gareth

Hi Andy

Having moved from a 3A to a 6 last October, I was foxed by how to fold the hood safely. This is the technique which I now use to lower the hood. The only difference is that my hood is secured to the front rail rather than the rear rail. Releasing the poppers holding the hood to the front rail achieves the same effect though.

Miles

Thanks Gareth/Miles for the link I now know where some of the internal poppers fit.

Andy

Edited by PodOne
On 9/10/2023 at 7:49 PM, PodOne said:

Thanks Gareth/Miles for the link I now know where some of the internal poppers fit.

Andy

Andy - are you talking about the elastic straps on the cover? These fit onto plastic studs held on by screws on the inside back panel above the carpeted shelf area.

Darren

1 hour ago, DRD said:

Andy - are you talking about the elastic straps on the cover? These fit onto plastic studs held on by screws on the inside back panel above the carpeted shelf area.

Darren

Hi Darren 

Yes any pictures would be appreciated.

Andy