Is Holden closing or going online only?

This past week we’ve been on hols in far west Herefordshire and on our way in we saw the Holden shop and thought it’d be fun to stop at on our way home. So yesterday we called by their premises and found it locked shut at 11am on a Friday. Nary a soul around even though the opening hours sign showed their hours and we were there. It was a bit of a bummer for us even though we had nothing in mind so wondering if they’re shutting their physical store?

8 minutes ago, james christie said:

It is to be hoped that the staff learn some manners and are respectful of those that know more than they do.

james

They've always been polite and helpful in our dealings with them James...

45 minutes ago, stillp said:

It would make sense to put a notice on the door of their old premises directing people to the new shop though.

Pete

:ph34r: One would think so wouldn't one :ph34r:

5 hours ago, Steve-B said:

:ph34r: One would think so wouldn't one :ph34r:

Perhaps they don’t need passing trade?

15 hours ago, monty said:

Perhaps they don’t need passing trade?

I’ve emailed their sales folks and expressed our disappointment. I can foresee their continued signage as a potential irritation to customers, if folks know who they are!

Thanks for the link, Rob - I have been searching for a 3-way switch for 4VC because the original fell apart as I moved all the switchery aside to permit removal of the gearbox.

Searching Holden's site, I found 3 switches which ought to do the business, and have ordered the two less expensive - £79.04 for the 020.154 Professional seemed rather more than necessary as the switch spends most of its life in one position!

Ian Cornish