On the drivers door there is a Furflex seal on the rear of the door. Mine is worn/ripped due to being caught as you enter the car. I intend to replace the seal but am wondering is there a way to finish the seal off other than the present cut edge of the seal, in away that stops the seal wearing / ripping again.
Anyone have any pictures or ideas how this can be achieved ?

Edited by TR Rob

You open the end up of the outer furry bit and peel back about about 3/4" and then trim the rubber tube off flat then pull the fur back up and trim the flap section off a bit and then fold back on itself the remaining excess and glue behind. Essentially you should end up with a finished end covered with the fur, once you have it in your hand you`ll be able to tell what I mean.

Stuart.

The Furflex and the rear trim panel tend to take a battering in this area. Behind the trim panel, in the "B" post is a sort of twisted paper rope or a wooden fillet, which is there to nail/staple the Furflex to.  Cut the furflex longer than you need by about 2 inches and remove the rubber tube from within the last 2 inches, you can then fold this over and pin it back.

Ralph

Stuart got there before me

Edited by Ralph Whitaker

That all makes perfect sense. This seal has probably been replaced several times over the last 63 years and who ever did it last just cut the Furflex level with the top of the B post…rather amateurish considering the rest of the car is in excellent condition