Windscreen Rubber Finishing Strip.

Unfortunately I did not purchase the above with the rubber..Rimmers 913442.

Is the strip as in the pic the correct one?

Can someone  show me the profile of the correct strip please if not the pic.

finisher.jpg

Edited by Malbaby

No

It is a chrome finish plastic that is a single barb ‘T’ shaped in profile.   Same profile used on Surrey top and Spitfire 1-3  just different lengths.   Do not forget the cover/joining piece.   
https://www.moss-europe.co.uk/finisher-rear-window-chrome-613958.html?assoc=119077

That was what I was expecting to use, but Rimmers screen rubber does not have a slot for the "T" shape finisher.

Ok, so wrong choice of supplier, but there must be a strip to fit this particular rubber seal profile....It would have to be fairly flat...And ATM I do not want to deal with Rimmers again.

8 hours ago, Malbaby said:

That was what I was expecting to use, but Rimmers screen rubber does not have a slot for the "T" shape finisher.

Ok, so wrong choice of supplier, but there must be a strip to fit this particular rubber seal profile....It would have to be fairly flat...And ATM I do not want to deal with Rimmers again.

As you seem to have the wrong rubber , perhaps a photo of the rubber you have will help.  The pic of 913442 on Rimmers site clearly shows a slot to take the correct insert.

Ralph

15 hours ago, Ralph Whitaker said:

As you seem to have the wrong rubber , perhaps a photo of the rubber you have will help.  The pic of 913442 on Rimmers site clearly shows a slot to take the correct insert.

Ralph

Thanks Ralph....I can see the "T" shaped finishing strip on the Rimmers site, but not a cross section showing the slot.