996 Bosch fuel pump fittings

Hi all. I've been looking at changing hoses for ethanol types so have read up the various discussions on the forum.

Having looked at the installation on the car, the pump outlet fitting is a screwed in metal pipe which has a hose fitted with a jubilee clip which then connects via an adaptor to a 'proper' hose which has correct screw fittings.

I would like to replace the pump outlet fitting to a screwed adaptor that can connect directly to the 'proper' hose fittings.

I've spent some time googling but can't find the pump outlet thread size. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Tony 

20230724_141311.jpg

Personally, for old components I'd use a thread gauge or unscrew the fitting and take it to parts shop.

I've been caught in the past with old components having several alternative thread options when originally manufactured t.

If it is a Bosch pump you can find it on the Bosch data sheet for your pump.

The pump NRV is situated in the outlet ferrule and is worth inspecting. It’s purpose is to avoid loss of fuel pressure once the pump is stopped.

Waldi

Hi Paul,

some PI-owners believe a pair of hose clips is sufficient; I prefer the crimp-ferrule type for rubber hoses. I think that is what Tony (the OP) is planning to do.

Waldi

14 minutes ago, Waldi said:

Hi Paul,

some PI-owners believe a pair of hose clips is sufficient; I prefer the crimp-ferrule type for rubber hoses. I think that is what Tony (the OP) is planning to do.

Waldi

My car  had  a pair of SS Jubilee clips with the heads spaced 180 degrees apart on each hose joint when I bought it in 1996 and I've had no problems since. 10 years ago or so  I calculated the FS on the WP using data from the available Jubilee manual at the time and it was something like 4 .

I'm not worried at all leaving my current arrangement as is.

When l had my pipes made at a local hydraulic supplier he said why weren’t l using normal hose clamps after l said because these run at 105psi he replied have a look at your compressor hoses and see what used on those l went emmmmm

Chris

2 hours ago, trchris said:

When l had my pipes made at a local hydraulic supplier he said why weren’t l using normal hose clamps after l said because these run at 105psi he replied have a look at your compressor hoses and see what used on those l went emmmmm

Chris

+1