Without wishing to be impertinent what is your angle of dangle? I'm trying to work out if the rear "bumper" should be perpendicular to the floor or as I have it presently whereby it pretty much follows the curve of the back portion of the wing.

Ta MarkPXL_20230705_165852738.thumb.jpg.224bb59ae2dd7f208567da64b0877072.jpg

I don’t know which is correct as per original but I’m fitting some to mine at the moment and have gone for following the line of the rear quarter, I think it looks best. I had an awful lot of fettling to do on the brackets anyway so they didn’t much indicate which way was intended either. Front bumper brackets same, after market and practically had to re make them.

1 hour ago, TRier said:

I don’t know which is correct as per original but I’m fitting some to mine at the moment and have gone for following the line of the rear quarter, I think it looks best. I had an awful lot of fettling to do on the brackets anyway so they didn’t much indicate which way was intended either. Front bumper brackets same, after market and practically had to re make them.

Yeah I sort of think it seems to work that way as the curve appears to match.

I've spent last few days getting fronts to line up as though they are original they've had a pretty hard life and took a fair bit of fettling.

23 minutes ago, Drewmotty said:

Here’s mine. 

Picture worth a 1000 words apparently. Thanks

As I was at it with the brackets I tightened up the fit so they are closer to the body and from the side look in line with the quarter and no gap. The brackets are ugly so I wanted to minimise their impact. I’ve taken them off to paint the brackets, I’ll post a photo tomorrow.

Two original cars.IMG_2715.jpg.55f723f9183f3523b2d263e0f55f833e.jpgIMG_2714.jpg.18249e4a9bc15ee6dcde82e08d5540e3.jpg

10 hours ago, TRier said:

As I was at it with the brackets I tightened up the fit so they are closer to the body and from the side look in line with the quarter and no gap. The brackets are ugly so I wanted to minimise their impact. I’ve taken them off to paint the brackets, I’ll post a photo tomorrow.

Thankyou

21 minutes ago, John McCormack said:

Two original cars.IMG_2715.jpg.55f723f9183f3523b2d263e0f55f833e.jpgIMG_2714.jpg.18249e4a9bc15ee6dcde82e08d5540e3.jpg

Not sure if it's the camera angle but for me I think I prefer the second set up which seems to be set up a bit more "straight".

Thanks for snaps.

I have spent some time on my brackets and just finished yesterday. One bracket needed some bending to bring the top of the bumper closer to the bodywork. I drew a detailed  plan and took it to a local metal fabricator who makes frames for industrial buildings. He bent the bracket and NOT according to the plan. The bumper fits well but the the return under the bodywork was 3/4" too short. I do not know how they did that.  I cut the end off the bracket and had a section welded in. I painted both brackets with black non drip gloss and fitted them both. I measured the distance of the top of the chrome overider to the body work. It was a bit difficult to use a tape against the curved body but the distance was 1 5/8" on both sides. It looks OK but I will get the car out this afternoon and see how it works with the body alignment.

Thanks for starting this advice.

Richard & B.

25 minutes ago, Richardtr3a said:

I have spent some time on my brackets and just finished yesterday. One bracket needed some bending to bring the top of the bumper closer to the bodywork. I drew a detailed  plan and took it to a local metal fabricator who makes frames for industrial buildings. He bent the bracket and NOT according to the plan. The bumper fits well but the the return under the bodywork was 3/4" too short. I do not know how they did that.  I cut the end off the bracket and had a section welded in. I painted both brackets with black non drip gloss and fitted them both. I measured the distance of the top of the chrome overider to the body work. It was a bit difficult to use a tape against the curved body but the distance was 1 5/8" on both sides. It looks OK but I will get the car out this afternoon and see how it works with the body alignment.

Thanks for starting this advice.

Richard & B.

Good to have an actual measurement to compare against.

Ta

On 7/6/2023 at 6:08 PM, Corkery11 said:

Not sure if it's the camera angle but for me I think I prefer the second set up which seems to be set up a bit more "straight".

Thanks for snaps.

The 2nd shot is of my TR3 which is guaranteed to be spot on. I acquired the car from the 2nd owner who bought the car when it was 18 months old and in new condition. It had never been disassembled before I did it to get it painted.

The first photo is of my 'concours' TR2 which I am also only the 3rd owner, but it was dismantled when I got it.

12 hours ago, John McCormack said:

The 2nd shot is of my TR3 which is guaranteed to be spot on. I acquired the car from the 2nd owner who bought the car when it was 18 months old and in new condition. It had never been disassembled before I did it to get it painted.

The first photo is of my 'concours' TR2 which I am also only the 3rd owner, but it was dismantled when I got it.

That's good to know. That's the look I'll go for then. Thanks for update

There’s a few shots of mine on now, that’s following the line of the rear quarter and brackets modified to do that and to tuck the bumpers in a little. I had no real choice in modifying the brackets anyway, the car came without bumpers or brackets and the aftermarket ones simply didn’t fit properly. I like them following the line of the quarter I must say.

IMG_6351.jpeg

IMG_6352.jpeg

IMG_6353.jpeg

IMG_6351.jpeg

IMG_6350.jpeg

IMG_6349.jpeg

20 hours ago, TRier said:

There’s a few shots of mine on now, that’s following the line of the rear quarter and brackets modified to do that and to tuck the bumpers in a little. I had no real choice in modifying the brackets anyway, the car came without bumpers or brackets and the aftermarket ones simply didn’t fit properly. I like them following the line of the quarter I must say.

IMG_6351.jpeg

IMG_6352.jpeg

IMG_6353.jpeg

IMG_6351.jpeg

IMG_6350.jpeg

IMG_6349.jpeg

I know what you mean about modifying things to fit. Had a lot of fettling to do but it's been half the fun in a masochistic way. Thanks for pics 

Mark