Motorsport Magazine 1974

I picked up a copy of an old Motorsport Magazine from 1974 at Newark Autojumble on Sunday, what should I spy in the cars for sale section but my old TR5!

I have been told it was featured in the TR Action magazine last year and was sold via a dealer to a collector in Japan, can anyone shed any light on this?

Regards 

Gary

Newark 02.04.2017.jpg

BUP 4F Ad.jpg

Can’t shed any light in your old car but I have seen it around more than once. 
It sticks in my mind with the Reg No BUP 4F as my own TR5, currently under restoration, has a similar Reg No UPB 4F. 
I did once photo them side by side at the Harrogate International meeting some years ago but can’t find it now. 
Dave McD

1 minute ago, Dave McDonald said:

Can’t shed any light in your old car but I have seen it around more than once. 
It sticks in my mind with the Reg No BUP 4F as my own TR5, currently under restoration, has a similar Reg No UPB 4F. 
I did once photo them side by side at the Harrogate International meeting some years ago but can’t find it now. 
Dave McD

Hi Dave

Yes, I did have some E-Mail correspondence with you whilst I owned the car, I sold it to a guy who lived in Northern Ireland in February 2018

I did see it listed for sale on the Car and Classic site a couple of years ago via a dealer and was told it's now in Japan?

The car was originally registered in Sunderland but spent the first 5 or 6 years of its life in Derbyshire, I bought the car off a guy called Sean Tindle from Sunderland

I actually bumped into another previous owner of the car, a Kevin Tinkler at Newark Autojumble whilst I owned it, here's a photo of him with the car  

Cheers

Gary

Kevin Tinkler - Former Owner.jpg

Hello Gary and David

I had a quick search in my archive and see that I had taken images of both your 5s but sadly not together. The shots may be of some interest to you.  Those of BUP were taken at the 2006 Malvern International noy long after Sean Tindle had acquired the car and just before he started his major rebuild on it. The first two shots of UPB were taken at the 2012 Donington Historic meeting with the third taken at the 2013 Malvern International.

BUP4F-1.jpg.15b178592a25b34bd4ab6e36246e76a5.jpg

BUP4F-2.JPG.234970f33d2e92e9b889ba24f8729a5d.JPG

UPB4F-1.JPG.36f228f51d64c17dd6649d3520b07d61.JPG

UPB4F-2.JPG.09bcbef44d613a5ca2a17da57ed76daa.JPG

UPB4F-3.JPG.2bb12023b85dcac1c871fe89b432984b.JPG

Enjoy

Julian

St. Austell

Julian

Thanks for posting the photo's, I first cast my eyes on BUP at the 2015 Malvern International show, Sean picked up the Trophy for best amateur restoration and was 2nd or 3rd in the Concours competition if I remember correctly.

I believe the colour pre-restoration was a Rolls Royce colour, Seychelles Blue maybe.

I was hoping someone may have known where BUP is now in Japan?

Cheers

Gary