Converting TR6 Yellow US sidelights to UK spec

I purchased two new UK front side light lenses from TRGB for circa £48 as two new complete lights were circa £300. You need a piece of cardboard 4"x 2" to slot into the lens where the orange and white meet I shaped the end where it would meet the dished holder by the bulb. Once you have cut a suitable piece of plastic (mine came from a laundry tablet container you could simply glue the finished plastic to the lens. I decided to glue it into the holder. I drilled a hole in the side of the compartment for the wires to a white marker bulb and holder(Ebay £5 for 5) then glued the light to the fitting and soldered the earth lead to the existing earth bullet. I did both in a day and sprayed the finished fitting with silver paint I had in the garage. It isn't a precision job but quite serviceable I think. Good luck

IMG_6902.jpeg

IMG_6897.jpeg

IMG_6896.jpeg

IMG_6890.jpeg

IMG_6887.jpeg

IMG_6886.jpeg

IMG_6911.jpeg

50 minutes ago, DRD said:

Or you can just use orange bulbs :D

So how does that give you white sidelights?:huh:

2 hours ago, RobH said:

So how does that give you white sidelights?:huh:

Don't need them as my headlights already have side lights in them.

Ahh but now I have more white light at the front, a UK spec looking car AND an orange flasher if you'll excuse the expression lol

As mentioned, I just changed my TR6's headlights to ones with an integral sidelight and kept the full orange indicators. A cheap and easy fix.

Each to their own, but I also decided that I'd prefer to honour the fact that the car was originally ordered into the US, rather than altering it to look like a UK car.

Matt