Has anyone have any experience of professional paint treatment to remove any swirl marks/defects etc. followed by ceramic coating to further protect? I have been offered a trial treatment on a small area of the TR to see the difference. Not a cheap procedure but some results I have seen are quite impressive.

15 minutes ago, monty said:

Has anyone have any experience of professional paint treatment to remove any swirl marks/defects etc. followed by ceramic coating to further protect? I have been offered a trial treatment on a small area of the TR to see the difference. Not a cheap procedure but some results I have seen are quite impressive.

Hi Monty

When it is done properly it makes a big difference. Like all of this, so much depends on how good the prep work is. I've used GTECHNIQ products for years and when my partner bought a fairly new Range Rover Velar from a main dealer the paint was atrocious. I took it up to their HQ for 5 days and it was transformed. It make the daily care so much easier as well with washing quicker and easier. No connection to them just like what their products do, but yes it is not cheap. They have some background info on their site - https://www.gtechniq.co.uk/about-us/

2 minutes ago, Cotswoldiver said:

Hi Monty

When it is done properly it makes a big difference. Like all of this, so much depends on how good the prep work is. I've used GTECHNIQ products for years and when my partner bought a fairly new Range Rover Velar from a main dealer the paint was atrocious. I took it up to their HQ for 5 days and it was transformed. It make the daily care so much easier as well with washing quicker and easier. No connection to them just like what their products do, but yes it is not cheap. They have some background info on their site - https://www.gtechniq.co.uk/about-us/

Hi Cotswoldiver,

Have you treated your TR?

My new Focus was treated with Glasscoat by the dealer. Sorry to say I'm not impressed, a good waxing would look better, and although it supposedly has a 4-year warranty, trying to get a fault corrected has been a nightmare.

Pete

Only thing to remember is once coated its really difficult and expensive if you ever need to do any paintwork afterwards.

Stuart.

1 hour ago, stuart said:

Only thing to remember is once coated its really difficult and expensive if you ever need to do any paintwork afterwards.

Stuart.

Reasons Stuart?

3 hours ago, monty said:

Reasons Stuart?

Because it bonds into the paint so it needs to be mechanically removed i.e. DA off

Stuart.

On 4/14/2023 at 9:51 AM, monty said:

Hi Cotswoldiver,

Alas not yet. I've concentrated on getting it mechanically sound and reliable. The paint needs to go back to bare metal due to micro bubbles, but i will. At the moment its just getting limited protection from their ceramic GWASH which is a new product

On 4/14/2023 at 9:51 AM, monty said:

Hi Cotswoldiver,

But my partner changed her Range Rover for an F Type and that has been treated and works very well