Accelerator Lever Assembly

Hi Chaps,

Fitting the accelerator lever assembly (pt no 106753) onto the accelerator arm with the engine in place has not been easy. In hindsight I would have dry fitted it before fitting all of the pedals, but hey ho I am where I am.

I know the the holes in the assembly and the accelerator arm should align and that would give me the correct position to marry up with the linkage, but that doesn’t appear to be the case.

Would someone mind taking a photo of their assembly lever which shows the angle that it is at without any pressure on the pedal? 

I hope that makes sense. 

Mark

Hi Mark, if not already sorted I will take a photo tonight after work.

Ralph

Hi Mark, sorry I did not get roung to it last night, but here are the photos. My car has a new pedal rod and lever from Moss, not originals, but seem to fit and work OK

Ralph

20230322_060506.jpg

20230322_060444.jpg

6 hours ago, Ralph Whitaker said:

Hi Mark, sorry I did not get roung to it last night, but here are the photos. My car has a new pedal rod and lever from Moss, not originals, but seem to fit and work OK

Ralph

20230322_060506.jpg

20230322_060444.jpg

I notice your column boot doesnt engage in the slot on the bulkhead Ralph.

Stuart.

Thanks all, very helpful. I’m not sure that I will be able to get the lever right up against the bulkhead, but it is less than a cm away and the linkage will be okay, however at the moment it is far too long. 

17 hours ago, stuart said:

I notice your column boot doesnt engage in the slot on the bulkhead Ralph.

Stuart.

Well spotted Stuart. I never have been able to get the boot slotted in to place, I put it down to the fact it is a pattern part and not quite right.

Also, looking at the photos reminds me that I need to change the back nut on the manifold for a brass one.

Ralph.

Edited by Ralph Whitaker
Additional thoughts