Tr6 boot light

Has anyone found an alternative to the awful flimsy boot light supplied as standard.

Being a glutton for punishment I have 2 of the things and to stop them falling to bits in use I have hot glued the bulbs in place and connected the terminals to the bulb with a spot of solder which works fine. But now one of the bulbs has blown, so I now need a light as well as a bulb and am reluctant to replace it with the same rubbish.

George 

Why not try something like this, you might have to alter the hole or make a plate for it and adapt the wires LED Boot light

Or these Puddle light

Stuart.

Edited by stuart
11 minutes ago, dblenk said:

Stuart is that what you put in for the footwell lights on your motor ??

No Dave Ive just got 12 LED strips stuck up under the footwells and across the front of my High level brake light fitting. It is like daylight inside when theyre all on though. Like these LED strips

Stuart.

15 minutes ago, stuart said:

No Dave Ive just got 12 LED strips stuck up under the footwells and across the front of my High level brake light fitting. It is like daylight inside when theyre all on though. Like these LED strips

Stuart.

Also done this. Works well. 

17 hours ago, stuart said:

High level brake light fitting

Where have you fitted that?

1 hour ago, JohnC said:

Where have you fitted that?

Ive got a Surrey fitted so I made a bracket that fits up under the upper section and its made to fit tight up against the window with a rubber seal to stop downward light spill into the cabin. Its got the interior light on the front of it. You can just see it in this old picture of the rear of the car.

Stuart.

photo1749 - Copy.jpg