A Type Overdrive drain seal

I have started to change the oil in my gearbox/overdrive - first time in about 3 years and a few thousand miles.

When I removed the filter drain plug on the overdrive there didn't appear to be any fibre washer between the brass filter housing and the box.  Which may explain why it has always had a very slight leak from that area.

I'll have another check tomorrow and make sure it didn't just drop off when I unscrewed the filter housing and isn't sitting under the slightly murky (but not too bad) oil in the drain pan.  However I had been planning to use gas fitter's PTFE tape on the thread anyway when I re-assemble it.  Has anyone had any experience of using PTFE for this application?  I was opting for the gas fitter's version as opposed to the plumbing tape as it is thicker.

Rgds Ian

New gasket/fibre washer is the answer.