TR4 CHASSIS BOX SECTION DIMENSIONS

Hi Everyone,

Can anyone supply the width and height of the chassis main rails please? I'm thinking of having a frame fabricated which will sit in the trolley jack arm and hug the side rail to hold it securely and prevent slippage of the jack on my waxy rails.  All criticism welcome!

Best wishes     Willie

no critism from me Willie.

did the same thing years ago, also have brackets welded to the saddle of the scissor jack I carry, 

also good idea to weld brackets to the trolley jack saddle, wide enough to lift the front crossbeam, gets both fronts

in the air, safely in seconds.

John.

You don`t really need the height dimension, all you really need is the width and a 25mm upstand at each side. I would also add 12mm to the width measurement because as you jack up the car it tilts in relation to the trolley jack and you need some wiggle room to allow for that otherwise it will bind up.

Ralph