Is this a scam ???? headed Triumph and MG Weekend 2022

At least two members in the South West have received an e mail in the last hour asking for money in connection for this years booking for the Triumph weekend which is cancelled. The reply e mail request is to offcie@tr-register.co.uk  ( note the spelling of OFFICE ).

Anyone else had this so far, do  I smell a rat.

Russell

Yes I have had exactly the same thing. It looks like a copy of what I ordered for last years event, the date of which is mentioned in the email, but it also mentions this years event dates, which is now cancelled.

The email it was sent from what looks to be the correct address, unless I have missed a tiny alteration.

I didn't ordered any tickets for the event for this year, so it is worrying to receive an email which includes your card details, plus all of the other personal details, which potentially looks fraudulent on the face of it.

I have checked my bank account and nothing has been requested from the account.

My guess is that this is an administration problem?

Perhaps some body from the club could clarify please.

Just had an email from the club and it's a problem caused by the refund process for this years event.

Well, at least the office acknowledged the error quickly and have given reassurance that we have not been hacked in any way.

I know it is difficult to be on top of everything all of the time, but maybe a review of procedures might be a good idea?