Fettling my 72 TR6

43 minutes ago, Jonny TR6 said:

none of the dash lights come on yet and the fuel gauge isn't working yet. Do I need to wire everything up before they will operate ?

The dash lamps should work on their own but you have to have a path to earth.

The fuel gauge won't indicate without the sender fitted.   You can check both gauge and sender together by temporarily connecting them, earthing the sender body and operating the sender arm slowly. 

One of today’s projects was tidying up the front end. The inner frame was body colour (shock horror !) so it’s a bit of seam sealing, priming and then satin black for the vertical frame and Sapphire Blue for the horizontal.

Grille is in good nick but the paint is tired, so it’s off to the powder coater tomorrow for blasting, priming and powder coating.

New enamel badge on the way to replace the original badly chipped original.

The silver alumnium strip in the centre of the grille is a bit marked and it’s difficult to polish/clean in the slot.

What do peeps do with theirs ? I could paint it silver but don’t want to lose too much originality if possible (he said with blue led instrument lights, chrome ring instruments, burr elm dash…)

It’s nice that they do masking tape in Sapphire Blue.

8E3F27FF-B434-406E-B298-80723F717BB6.jpeg

Edited by Jonny TR6

All painted up and ready for the grille. Will do some tidying up of the paint under the bumper as well, so that’ll be bumper off.

49DD93D6-9621-4FDC-8032-665AB3E31511.jpeg

Edited by Jonny TR6
2 hours ago, Mk2 Chopper said:

Much better, you actually ever going to drive it, or just work on it? :lol:

Gareth

To drive it I need the steering wheel on. To put the steering wheel on I need the dash in. To put the dash in I need to calibrate the fuel gauge. To calibrate the fuel gauge I need to have the fuel lines finished. To finish the fuel lines I need a 3/8 BSP 45 degree 10mm connection to the fuel tank.

That arrives tomorrow at Pirtek in Liverpool, so hopefully I’ll get some time on it this weekend and hope driving very soon !

Also want to get that fuel line to MU sorted, but plenty to keep me going…

15 hours ago, Jonny TR6 said:

All painted up and ready for the grille. Will do some tidying up of the paint under the bumper as well, so that’ll be bumper off.

49DD93D6-9621-4FDC-8032-665AB3E31511.jpeg

Did mine a couple of years go first week of lock downF5B485B7-8992-4059-9807-D6E56E91F0D3.thumb.jpeg.c91cfe5fb66b1602f9b4af31edd827bb.jpeg