Cp model drivers seat

Hi all

i have removed the drivers seat as it seemed to me when sitting in it the seat felt as though it was leaning toward the passenger side and kind of rickety.I am looking at it on the bench from the rear and it definitely looks to be leaning to the near side ,question is is this normal or should it be straight I have heard that broken welds inside the seat is a common fault.I have never attempted this sort of thing before but I am willing to give it a go but don’t want to do it if it’s a normal thing,I have to have the seat as far back as it will go and with the back leaning as far as it will go as I am 6 foot 6”any thoughts welcome 

regards nige

When I refurbed my seats, I lost count on how many broken welds there were. My friend Chris ended up re welding the lot. I think that there was about 30 per side from memory. There was only one weld per side on my car. I ended up with double welds. You might find that one of the spar main tube's weld is broken, these need to be double welded.  

Bruce.

Enginuity in Acton does a nice panel beating job on the wheel arch so the seat goes back a few more inches which will help you of course. I changed my seats to MX5 ones years ago so not familiar with the original frames but have heard they do go wonky.

Hi Nigel

When you get going, be sure you are 'correcting' the right thing/degree.

The seat frames on a CR (possibly others??) does 'lean' inwards, apparently to clear the hood mechanism.

This was my driver seat once stripped.

The passenger is (or feels like) the mirror image.

Driver seat frame2.jpg