Spark Plug Recommendatios

I am about to change the spark plugs on my TR4 which is fitted with a Piper Yellow Cam Lightened Flywheel and Extractor Exhaust Manifold , currently fitted are NKG 6HS Plugs should I replace with the same again or something different any recommendations would be appreciated.

Cheers Chris.

22 minutes ago, Chris Hubball said:

Sorry too much red wine with Sunday Lunch plug type fitted should read BP6HS

Cheers Chris

Stick with them, it’s what I use and as long as the new ones are genuine they will suit you fine. But I rarely change mine, just clean and gap them.

I have been pleased with a recent change to Bosch WR7BC+ which I turned to after some spitting and farting with BP6 HS, which I had used for well over 20 years. My use of my TR 3A is little and irregular and the Bosch seem to tolerate this better.

james

Thanks for the replies, I noticed that BP7 HS Plugs are listed what is the difference them and the BP6HS ones, should I consider these ? I have also heard that there are non genuine plugs about is there any way of identifying them.

Cheers Chris.

37 minutes ago, Chris Hubball said:

t BP7 HS Plugs are listed what is the difference them and the BP6HS

Heat range...7 is a cooler plug...less likely to cause preignition, more likely to foul...

BP6 has worked fine for me for 30+ yrs

But if you have a preignition problem then try cooler....if you have a fouling problem try BP5s

1 hour ago, Chris Hubball said:

I have also heard that there are non genuine plugs about is there any way of identifying them.

Cheers Chris.

Buy from reputable retailers like

https://www.gsparkplug.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=Bp6hs

2 hours ago, Chris Hubball said:

I have also heard that there are non genuine plugs about is there any way of identifying them.

Cheers Chris.

Best explanation of how to spot them is here https://www.ngkntk.com/newsroom/blog/emea/fake-or-not/

Stuart.