TR250 Winter Care

Hi Mike,

welcome to our forum.

There will be lots of advice here about your car, for me, using the car when you safely can

is the best way to 'Maintain' the car, even if this can only happen every two or three weeks is OK.

This is different to long term storage where a whole lot of measures are advisable.

For me, keep the battery charged, the tyres inflated correctly, and have the car 'Ready to go' whenever there is a window in the weather.

John.

Welcome mike 

there are quite a few all weather users on the forum so watch for their advice. 

but after a winter run I would think it’s worth a garden hose rinsing of the underside to remove any hint of salt. 

if you are starting with a good example you may want to consider some wax panel treatment 

eg bolt hamber dynax UB and S50 products. 

Edited by Hamish
4 hours ago, John Morrison said:

Hi Mike,

welcome to our forum.

There will be lots of advice here about your car, for me, using the car when you safely can

is the best way to 'Maintain' the car, even if this can only happen every two or three weeks is OK.

This is different to long term storage where a whole lot of measures are advisable.

For me, keep the battery charged, the tyres inflated correctly, and have the car 'Ready to go' whenever there is a window in the weather.

John.

That’s very helpful - thanks John. I remember from my TR6 ownership in the early 2000’s that using the car regularly was the best form of maintenance!

3 hours ago, Hamish said:

Welcome mike 

there are quite a few all weather users on the forum so watch for their advice. 

but after a winter run I would think it’s worth a garden hose rinsing of the underside to remove any hint of salt. 

if you are starting with a good example you may want to consider some wax panel treatment 

eg bolt hamber dynamic products. 

Thanks Hamish. 

Mike, as +1 for H, my TR4a is used all year after I have been for a run in the winter months I get home have a brew, then give the car a good rinse on top and the underside and inside the wings, then give it a good wash with good shampoo and polish rinse and dry off, I dry the wire wheels with the air compressor, then it’s left under the carport for a day or 2. Then put in the garage till it goes out again, 

Mike redrose group 

13939EEE-B732-42A9-BB7E-9806352E5320.jpeg

5C2CD732-3D8A-4DDE-A37A-3D9BCAC79A71.jpeg

Edited by BRENDA1
On 12/30/2021 at 12:34 PM, MikeGeorge said:

That’s very helpful - thanks John. I remember from my TR6 ownership in the early 2000’s that using the car regularly was the best form of maintenance!

On 12/30/2021 at 12:34 PM, MikeGeorge said:

Took your advice to heart and went for a blast this afternoon! Still grinning 2 hours later…..

5 minutes ago, BRENDA1 said:

Mike, as +1 for H, my TR4a is used all year after I have been for a run in the winter months I get home have a brew, then give the car a good rinse on top and the underside and inside the wings, then give it a good wash with good shampoo and polish rinse and dry off, I dry the wire wheels with the air compressor, the it’s left under the carport for a day or 2. Then put in the garage till it goes out again, 

Mike redrose group 

13939EEE-B732-42A9-BB7E-9806352E5320.jpeg

5C2CD732-3D8A-4DDE-A37A-3D9BCAC79A71.jpeg

Thank you!

Hi Mike,

Winter outings in the TR can be great fun.

My own 3A is stored in a dry barn, under a car cover, ready to go, and waxoiled to within an inch of its life.  :)

Winter sunshine is a rare treat in the UK, but having a TR primed for a crisp coastal run, or a bright morning sprint through the hills is frankly, priceless.

In frosty weather, take fashion cues from Shackleton, or consider a heater upgrade. The “T7 Designs" heater comes well recommended by many owners here on the forum, myself included, and a search will bring up some useful information.

Maintain grease points, keep the undersides protected, the tank full . . . and enjoy it.

Welcome to the forum.

TRshackleton.thumb.jpg.b986ff3034e4443c7218c64ac64ff548.jpg

TRsun30.thumb.jpg.b125494fa146b17fe08da03ccdafa1c6.jpg

Cheers, Deggers

Edited by Deggers
On 1/2/2022 at 7:19 PM, Deggers said:

Hi Mike,

Winter outings in the TR can be great fun.

My own 3A is stored in a dry barn, under a car cover, ready to go, and waxoiled to within an inch of its life.  :)

Winter sunshine is a rare treat in the UK, but having a TR primed for a crisp coastal run, or a bright morning sprint through the hills is frankly, priceless.

In frosty weather, take fashion cues from Shackleton, or consider a heater upgrade. The “T7 Designs" heater comes well recommended by many owners here on the forum, myself included, and a search will bring up some useful information.

Maintain grease points, keep the undersides protected, the tank full . . . and enjoy it.

Welcome to the forum.

TRshackleton.thumb.jpg.b986ff3034e4443c7218c64ac64ff548.jpg

TRsun30.thumb.jpg.b125494fa146b17fe08da03ccdafa1c6.jpg

Cheers, Deggers

Thank you!