Are all joints pre greased when manufactured?

Hi All,

When my car came back from restoration I found that the top ball joints and track rod ends both had grease nipples.

When I removed the grease nippples it was obvious that no grease had ever been pumped through them.

Are all joints greased during manufacture? Obviously those without nipples must be, but what about those with nipples?

Do you grease new joints when you fit them as a matter of course?

What about universal joints?

I'm thinking I should now check and grease every joint on the car that has a nipple.

Grateful for your thoughts.

Regards

Les

If its got a grease nipple then grease it at least once a year depending on your usage. Knowing now where you car was restored the fact that theres no grease in any joint doesnt surprise me.They probably just had the minimum in from new anyway for storage.

Stuart.

I would grease all ball joints all U/J when fitting if they have a grease nipple.

Sealed for life ones effectively preclude greasing. Those that can be greased probably have some in but pumping them full will maximise lubrication and expel air and with it reduce the chance of water ingress and corrosion.

26 minutes ago, stuart said:

If its got a grease nipple then grease it at least once a year depending on your usage. Knowing now where you car was restored the fact that theres no grease in any joint doesnt surprise me.They probably just had the minimum in from new anyway for storage.

Stuart.

Did you get your efi box sorted that you bought from you know who?

16 hours ago, ntc said:

Did you get your efi box sorted that you bought from you know who?

He bought me a new one and a new loom to go with it, cost him more than I gave him in the first place

Stuart.