Cylinder head stamped numbers

I have 2 TR6 cylinder heads I know about the casting numbers but I cannot match the stamped number to a TR engine any help please. I am sure this question has been asked many, many times.

The stamped numbers are Head 1. 516323 which I pretty sure is an early US 6 or 250

Head 2. Is baffling me 616323 it may also be a early US 6 or a 250

IMG_0968 reduced.jpg

1 hour ago, Peter Douglas Winn said:

I have 2 TR6 cylinder heads I know about the casting numbers but I cannot match the stamped number to a TR engine any help please. I am sure this question has been asked many, many times.

The stamped numbers are Head 1. 516323 which I pretty sure is an early US 6 or 250

Head 2. Is baffling me 616323 it may also be a early US 6 or a 250

IMG_0968 reduced.jpg

Peter, are you sure it's not a 5 rather than a 6? It's sometimes quite difficult to tell.

Darren 

It is strangely stamped upside down and very unprofessional. It is so bad/weak that I have not managed to make a photo. It needs a flash and as a result it mirrors. A gut feeling says that the old number, for many years has been removed and replaced with this funny number.

7 hours ago, Peter Douglas Winn said:

It is strangely stamped upside down and very unprofessional. It is so bad/weak that I have not managed to make a photo. It needs a flash and as a result it mirrors. A gut feeling says that the old number, for many years has been removed and replaced with this funny number.

Factory rework?

Maybe if yes then it is very poor workmanship.

Edited by Peter Douglas Winn
Spelling

OK so it is a 5 and not a 6. It looks to me to be another type of punches. Thin and not straight and upside down. I wonder if anybody has the same? If so then it might be a factory job.