Hi

I'm toying with the idea of fitting a towbar to my TR4 and am looking for a suitable bar. I have seen one for a TR6 in the classifieds but don't know whether or not it will fit a TR4. I certainly don't want to drill holes in the rear bumper and wonder if anyone can point me in the right direction

Andy

2 hours ago, Ocheye said:

Hi

I'm toying with the idea of fitting a towbar to my TR4 and am looking for a suitable bar. I have seen one for a TR6 in the classifieds but don't know whether or not it will fit a TR4. I certainly don't want to drill holes in the rear bumper and wonder if anyone can point me in the right direction

Andy

Have you followed this thread?    
Side-screen chassis is very like TR4 at the rear.

On 5/15/2021 at 9:44 AM, BlueTR3A-5EKT said:

Have you followed this thread?    
Side-screen chassis is very like TR4 at the rear.

Thanks for that. It is an interesting thread. The article in TRA is also very informative.

My main concern is avoiding butchering my rear bumper.

I am not likely to be towing anything heavier than a trailer tent and probably not abroad so a removable tow ball is not likely to be an issue

Andy

On 5/15/2021 at 7:25 AM, Ocheye said:

Hi

I'm toying with the idea of fitting a tow bar to my TR4 and am looking for a suitable bar. I have seen one for a TR6 in the classifieds but don't know whether or not it will fit a TR4. I certainly don't want to drill holes in the rear bumper and wonder if anyone can point me in the right direction

Andy

Andy, my guess would be no, the TR6 bracket would not fit easily to a TR4.  As I understand it the rear chassis legs of the IRS chassis (Tr4A - Tr6) are spaced slightly further apart than the TR4.   I may be wrong but do check before you buy.

Pete