That’s a boot hinge.   Identical shape to the bonnet but has a bobble on the top to restrict opening.   A LH bonnet is profiled as a rh boot. etc.
The bobble stops it opening too far and the boot lid clouting the fuel cap.   Not required on bonnets, so long as the vent flap (if fitted) is either fully open or closed.
Has the bonnet been re drilled as one of the studs is in a different position also.

Cheers

Peter W

Edited by BlueTR3A-5EKT

Thanks Peter, I live and learn, from a cursory look both boot and bonnet look the same 3 ‘bobbles’ and one is threaded; does the bobble really screw in? No, bonnet has not been re-drilled (from memory) the hinges have 3 options for the stud

The bobble I think is just pushed in and then all was chromed.

The real difference as I have written is the stud positions for the hinging panel, boot or bonnet.  Simple redrill and re tap to move the stud rather than redrilling the panel.  

• 11 months later...

Hi John,

Brilliant, yes please!

Thanks Dave, yes I’ve been in contact with Bob, I’ve still got to go through his spreadsheet properly but, also by further copy, he has got a real and extensive treasure trove of spares…. Such a shame he won’t get to enjoy them all on his cars.

Hi Brian, thanks but the only (left hand) one I could find on eBay was in the US, reasonably priced but astronomical postage?!

Important Information

Please familiarise yourself with our Terms and Conditions. By using this site, you agree to the following: Terms of Use.