Top windscreen rubber

I am about to embark on changing the top windscreen rubber as the old one looks a tad perished and the roof leaks like a sieve when it rains. Coming in between the roof and the rubber. 
Are there any useful tips I should know as to how to fit the new seal. Any suggestions would be appreciated. 
Cheers

Gordon

The seal is the same on the screen frame, but is this leak with a soft top or hardtop? You say the roof leaks like a sieve? The causes of the leak could be different.

Iain

1 hour ago, Lebro said:

Plenty of lube, slide it in in from one end, & when it's in don't trim the ends yet because it will shrink over time.

Bob.

Youll struggle to do that with the repros, theyre often the same as the lower one i.e. get one side of the "T" in the channel then small blunt screwdriver to push the other side in. Though the leak wont be caused by that but more likely the hood is missing the front flap.

Stuart.

My hood (C&B c. 1979) has no flap at the front but sticking some self-adhesive 1/4" wide, thin, black, closed-cell foam tape to the hood invisibly fixed it until at least 2020!

Experience as Bob, these seals shrink and cause a draft/leak in the corners. Ram as much as you can in so it can expand. I have a hard top so not trimming the ends is not an option.