Stub axle spacer kit

Does anyone have experience of the spacer kits for the front stub axles as sold by Revington and Goodparts? I have had a problem with pulsing through the brake pedal for a while. I replaced the rear drums without effect. I have checked the runout on the front discs and that is within spec. I then checked the left front bearings and ran out of thread before it tightened up, so the bearings appear to be worn out. I don’t get any vibration through the steering. The car is running ventilated discs with Willwood calipers from Goodparts.

I have bought the spacer kit from Revington but a fellow TR owner suggests that it works well for a race car that gets regular maintenance but is a bit of a chore for a road car. He also said that you need to be careful with the thinner shims that come with the kit as they can crush.

Any information would be appreciated.

Excellent upgrade and provided you use decent bearings such as Timken and shim correctly there is no additional maintenance. I used a kit supplied by TRF  and used to have to pump the pedal after a few twists and turns on mountain descents but not anymore . 

I fitted one to my 4 - it had always suffered pad knock-off - pretty simple and does what it was on the tin.

....... Andy 

4 hours ago, PaulAnderson said:

Is it these stub axle strengtheners  http://www.triumphspecialtuning.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=87 which is available from TR Enterprises in the UK? I have them fitted to my TR4A and have had no issues.

Paul

Yes Paul. It is the same principle but with a different shaped spacer. Thanks for all your responses. I shall go ahead and fit the kit. 

Rocky