Another Triumph..... But Why?

Inspired by BFG’s (Pete) great ‘my other hobby’ thread and although this is a T120with a couple less wheels doubtless the expertise is to be found here....

Therefore, why the different bolts / threads into same head?

5DE146B7-BE3C-4A17-B028-359A6B29FF8D.thumb.jpeg.ca3d65ce92932f3a71e8e91f0298c0b8.jpeg

EF9F2311-CA64-42A8-8149-AE06EF51CA3B.thumb.jpeg.c31b47a028142cbcba59219e372b865c.jpeg

That looks like a previous owner's repair or modification. Replacing original hex head bolts with Allen headed equivalent is a popular modification but they would usually all be replaced.

If it was my bike, I would want to investigate further.

Nigel

1970 TR6R Trophy owner

32 minutes ago, Drewmotty said:

Has one been stripped in the past and repaired with the wrong insert?

Thanks Chaps.. No, it’s two out of the four (rear) same diameter but finer thread on the Allen heads so don’t think stripped and repaired? 

14 minutes ago, Drewmotty said:

I'd pop the cover off and take a look at the head. I'm sure that they were all the same on my '62 pre-unit.

Only just finally (bike has been at the bottom of the bottom to do list for so many years) putting back after looking at the head = all immaculate albeit perhaps quite not up to BFG Sunbeam level of detail... 

16 minutes ago, michaeldavis39 said:

Should look like my restore below

Screenshot_20200521_185623_com.android.chrome.jpg

Thanks, that’s interesting.... rest of photo raises more questions than answers compared to mine... might well be back to bother you further if that’s OK Michael?