As well as trying to get the body to fit back on the chassis, I am in the process of recovering my dash and the rest of the interior trim bits and really need a new hinge for the glove box.  The existing one is obviously something that was knocked up when the car was originally converted to RHD and has never really worked.  They appear to be unobtainable from the usual suppliers, but Revington offer a standard piano hinge that has been bent to suit. Even from their own description,  it sounds a bit like making  the best of a bad job, and I wondered if  anyone here has used one and could perhaps post a photo.  

Thanks as always,

Dave.

14 hours ago, Dave Herrod said:

I had seen that and, reading their case study, the attention to detail is excellent.  However, they only do the hinge and aluminium door as a set and I was hoping to just find a hinge.

You could always ask them if they would sell you just the hinge.

Stuart.

I bought a replacement glovebox lid identical to the one shown on the Maceys site, although for RHD. The problem I had was that the Hinge was bent at 90 degrees, but the bottom flange of the glovebox opening is not flat, it is angled up slightly, and when fitted the door would not close without force. I had to take out the ally rivets holding the hinge so that I could carefully flatten out the bend in the hinge in the vice, a bit at a time until I got it to the point where it would close. Bit of a faff. I have not got an original so couldn`t compare.

Hi Stuart, I did ask, but Mark Macey only makes up and sells sets.

I think I am going to try and resurrect the very mangled hinge that I have.  It appears to be the right size, hole centres etc, but is very mangled and has been chopped about quite a bit.  Interestingly, it is brass - was this ever standard? 

Have glued two bits of ply together to get the right thickness and am now shaping to suit.  Given the amount of hinge that shows, and if I paint it black, I think it will end up OK.

Thanks for all the replies,

Dave