Dashboard close up

Here is a pic of my dashboard at the moment, could someone post up a restored or original dash with clocks etc. You can't see my indicator light, next to that is a red light which I am assuming is the oil pressure, these seem to be missing bezels. My dipped beam switch is also on the floor between the gearbox and clutch pedal, is this correct?

Thanks

2026434222_IMG_79582.JPG.5d169d68e07c7e69c84b4e85284b80ab.JPG

IMG_7964.thumb.JPG.ccd38a11165bbdb63badcb9635c40515.JPG

The dip switch position is original and quite usual in British cars of the Fifties and Sixties.

The indicator warning light is green. I suspect the red warning light is actually for main beam but someone more knowledgeable on the 4A will say for sure.

As I understand, the ammeter and oil pressure gauge were supposed to provide adequate warnings for those functions.

Nigel

"You can't see my indicator light, next to that is a red light which I am assuming is the oil pressure, these seem to be missing bezels."

Jason - those two light are not missing bezels - they are actually there but under the wooden dash - the bezel is chrome and holds the light unit into the under metal dash - I know it's slightly weird, but thats typical of Triumph! There will be many more such finds!

Cheers Rich

Thanks again to everyone, the handbrake is a new experience as well. I'll take some more pics of those dashboard lights as I'm sure I am missing the surround, thanks RogerH for the reference. Still haven't worked out what each of the instruments do yet, choke is easy, need to drive the car to play.

14 minutes ago, Jase said:

P.S. It's nice not to have to use a peg to keep the choke cable out, compulsory kit for my Mini and Spitfire.

Haha! I finally got round to replacing the choke cable on my Spitfire and putting its clothes peg back in the basket by the washing machine.

The other period extra I remember for Minis was a marigold glove over the distributor cap!

Nigel