FBVHC E10 update

11 minutes ago, RogerH said:

Hi Folks,

I just received an update on E10 proposals from the FBHVC - very interesting. Thanks to Darren in the White Horse car club for forwarding it. 

Roger

FBHVC Press Release E10 fuels position (1).pdf 252.84 kB · 1 download

Thanks Roger, like you say, very interesting. Has anyone done a study of the effect on those components used in our TR fuel systems, other than fuel hoses, eg floats, diaphragms and brass needles in carbs, fuel pumps etc?

Ian

Ian

For the Carbs contact Berlen fuel systems, they do sell an ethenol resistant float but I am fairly sure brass ones are immune, I have been running my 3a on E10 here in France for the lst 3 years, I made sure that when I restored it all the rubber hoses were ethenol resistant

Cheers

Alan

Thanks Roger and Darren. Cant help thinking that E10 amounts to burning food that would relieve many millions from starvation.  Peter

5 minutes ago, Peter Cobbold said:

Thanks Roger and Darren. Cant help thinking that E10 amounts to burning food that would relieve many millions from starvation.  Peter

Quite so - the world has gone mad

Roger