Greetings learned ones!

Has anyone had any dealings with a 'k_raven_smith' that lists the refurbishment of both CP and CR Metering Units (Current item 4639731273) for around £100.

I am not yet sure what is done for the money, and wonder if best to leave to someone like Prestige that I understand are extremely knowledgable especially in this area...

Any comments welcome...

Many thanks

Brgds

Ian, I saw that in e:bay and thought they were cheap, however if you look at all the other things he is selling its all womens clothing, apart from the odd diamond ring

Think I will stick with the triple dellorta's

:D

Ian, I saw that in e:bay and thought they were cheap, however if you look at all the other things he is selling its all womens clothing, apart from the odd diamond ring

Think I will stick with the triple dellorta's

:D

I would be vary wary of buying recon M/U from someone who sells women’s clothing & diamond rings on E bay!

I would certainly want to know a bit more about what’s been done & how; why not use the ‘ask the seller a question’ facility to ask some very specific questions!

Well i think you gents have allready answered my questions about this chap and his MU's. I have info from prestige and i have been to their website but what is KDI? I am assuming a local PI shop? Would anyone have a website for them? Its a bit of a challange finding PI bits and spares on "this side" of the pond......

thanks in advance,

Mitch

I would certainly want to know a bit more about what’s been done & how; why not use the ‘ask the seller a question’ facility to ask some very specific questions!

Richard

Already done that - received a reply earlier this evening that was very 'non-committal'!!! Probably says it all without saying anything!!!

Edited by ianhoward

I agree with the others Ian, stick to Malcolm Jones at Prestige. He knows his stuff alright and is always willing to help out. High quality items supplied.

Alan Graham

X755

Thanks to all the input - it is what I expected, but thought I would sound out opinion.

The good old Yorkshire saying is prevelent here (as in many cases): -

You don't get owt for nowt... :)

OK, KMI it is then. Thanks Jonlar for the other info as well. Although my car is still a year or 2 away from running I think it is good to have as many connections as possible for parts and advice. KDI goes onto the list.

cheers,

Mitch

That should read KMI!

Mitch, if you wish to convert your car to PI I advise you to have a look on the Triumph Owners of Tasmania website. you will find it via Google if you enter " PI Conversion Notes"

The notes were written by Tony Gordon from Michigan, U.S. when he converted his TR6 to PI. The file is in PDF and can be downloaded, if I remember well he is also pointing to addresses in the U.S. that are executing Lucas PI work.

Anyhow he his on the same side of the Atlantic as you :)

Jean

Hello to all,

We would like to reply to all the concerns posted below, which are understandable, but without foundation. Our e-bay account is used by the whole family, as a forum for selling all our unwanted items,as are most peoples e-bay accounts.

We have over 20 years experience in the reconditioning of fuel injection equipment, and have many happy customers, on and off e-bay, please check our 100% feedback, and comments.

If anyone has a problem please e-mail us, all e-mails will be replied to, as they always have been in the past, and advice is given free of charge! We opologise if anyone was not happy with their replies, if they would like to resubmit their questions we will try and give a more informative reply.

The price is low because, we consider it to be a fair starting price and e-bay is after all,an auction site, items are to be bid upon.

We would like to thank the customer who pointed this forum out to us giving us an opportunity to answer the concerns posted.

Katie

Hello to all,

We would like to reply to all the concerns posted below, which are understandable, but without foundation. Our e-bay account is used by the whole family, as a forum for selling all our unwanted items,as are most peoples e-bay accounts.

We have over 20 years experience in the reconditioning of fuel injection equipment, and have many happy customers, on and off e-bay, please check our 100% feedback, and comments.

If anyone has a problem please e-mail us, all e-mails will be replied to, as they always have been in the past, and advice is given free of charge! We opologise if anyone was not happy with their replies, if they would like to resubmit their questions we will try and give a more informative reply.

The price is low because, we consider it to be a fair starting price and e-bay is after all,an auction site, items are to be bid upon.

We would like to thank the customer who pointed this forum out to us giving us an opportunity to answer the concerns posted.

Katie

Katie, I have a PI equipped car, how might I contact you in the future if I need parts?

Jonathan

Well It was I who bought one off Ebay, and as a result, my TR6 engine is now a runner for the first time in 15 years. I haven't driven it yet, as the restoration still has some way to go, but after stripping and cleaning out the PRV, and then bleeding the system, the engine started up first go. As a result of sourcing parts carefully, and where possible doing the work myself, I have managed to refurbish the whole PI fuel system for an outlay of £200. I have no connection with the above poster, and as yet the engine has been untried on load, so judgement must be reserved, but so far, everything seems to be in order.

Guest jan v't IJssel

Hello people,

here a independant posting about the MU recovering done by K Raven Smith

I am a TR6 owner from Holland. i have experinence with doing bussines with K Raven Smith.

i first made a deal by E-bay. the job K Raven smith has deliverd is perfect! As soon i unpacked the unit, it was at first sight clear that a lot off attention has been given to recovering the MU. It looked like new. But most off all is ofcourse how the unit does its job. My car has never run that well !

After my good experience, a friend off my decided also to recover his TR5 180 bhp MU. His car had problems and was running badly more and more. So called experts had a look at the car and re-adjusted the MU many times. the only sollution they recommanded was a renew off the MU rotor at a price off € 300,-

far too expencive and not sure iff that would solve the problems.

my friend was pleased by the results off my MU recovering by Raven Smith and sended his MU to the UK for the recovering job. As soon he got the MU back he putted it back on his TR5 and gave it a try. Just like mine TR6 , was his car running supurb. The TR5 has never been that fast (almost scary to drive) and the engine runs that smoothly that a coin on its side can be put on the top without falling.

a next MU off another friend off my is on its way to be fixed by Katie Raven smith.

so i can say to all crytical remarks at this forum , that i ofcourse dont agree at all.

MU recovering by K Raven Smith, a recommand !

regards Jan

Thanks Jan for your input...

I know one normally gets what one normally pays for, but seemingly there is a very good service here at an even better price?

Obviously no one wishes to get 'ripped off' and only wished to sound out opinion and whether many members had any dealings (satisfactory or not) which is why I originally posted the topic - however, it appears that there is the opportunity to have reconditioned units at a reduced cost to many other avenues...

Brgds

Hi all, including and especially K Raven Smith, it is great to see such positive feedback coming from several different sources, and I'm only too pleased to be proved wrong, having said that, from bitter experience, caution needs to be exercised with buying on spec. on eBay, and as it's usually the case of something which seems too good to be true, is too good to be true. However, I've only had a couple of rip-offs on eBay out of about 300, I've also saved huge amounts of the folding stuff, which more than makes up for the duffer. Having recently bought a recond. Pug TD cylinder head, which had been skimmed, new cam, valves etc., which has turned out to be even worse than my original blown head - but, I accept the chap who sold it, did so in good faith, and the recent work had been done - I can only assume the engineering shop didn't pressure test it properly, or it had been repaired and opened up again on torquing down, twice to 30 then 60 ft lbs, and then another 220º - just waiting for these stretch bolts to let go, but now I'm having to buy a brand new head and start all over again, with something I know is 100%.

It is good news indeed that KRS are doing a good job and keeping our PIs on the road - long may it continue!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello to all,

Just to let everyone know, we will not be answering enquiries or questions from June 24th untill 8th of July,we are going on HOLIDAY TO THE SUNNY SOUTH WEST!!

Unless it is an emergency, we will not be taking orders for anything after the 17th June, to allow for postage etc.

Thankyou to all,

Katie

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, just to add to the positive feedbackfor these metering units, I've had one of these in my TR5 for at least the last 3 years and its been totally reliable, it even put out 123 bhp at the wheels on the rolling road at Malvern last year (equating to about 150bhp at flywheel) and it has just got me to Le Mans and back for the second year running with no problems! Highly recomended!

Cheers, David C-P

Edited by TR's Rock!