Video of good race at Brands.

Splendid dice between two TR4s(?)

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7266323492186420779

John

The Green one is a Full on TR6 (all steel engined monster) and the Silver one! Must try harder tomorroe - no spins to beat the both of them (and all the others in the race - come to Donnington Sat 6th May............... Great day out.
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

too sad, too sad :(
Took another one of the last round (at Brands again) - beat the TR6 (Green) on this time though! For the class win (thre in front all V8's). Will not be posting it up on Google though - plus fly hitr cntre of lense half way through the race.

Jellison,

do you have details about your car?

Would be interesting for me to know what have been done to it to make it fast.

Thanks, Chris

.....- plus fly hitr cntre of lense half way through the race.

And I always thought...passengers aren't allowed on circle track racing!

British rules :D

Edited by MadMarx
Jellison,

do you have details about your car?

Would be interesting for me to know what have been done to it to make it fast.

Thanks, Chris

And I always thought...passengers aren't allowed on circle track racing!

British rules :D

Marx - check my cars on my PH account http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/profile...0&memberId=7660

Have to update all the stuff on the TR6 - way out of date. :rolleyes:

Help!

I need somebodies, heeeelp! :blink:

What values! More than 200hp at the rear wheels. Now I know for shure that your video tape wasn't in FFW mode. :D

Very interesting car.

When we meet at a trackside one day and you have done a couple of laps....the red rolling chikane you are approaching to...that is me!

Edited by MadMarx

When we meet at a trackside one day and you have done a couple of laps....the red rolling chikane in front of you...that is me!

Help!

I need somebodies, heeeelp! :blink:

What values! More than 200hp at the rear wheels. Now I know for shure that your video tape wasn't in FFW mode. :D

Very interesting car.

When we meet at a trackside one day and you have done a couple of laps....the red rolling chikane in front of you...that is me!

'MadMarx' you really are too pessimistic about your racing and your car : in a race, there is always a car in front and one behind to have a battle with, and secondly a race car has a lot of parts, areas, systems..that can be improved. It's not only about engine power, a race car has to perform well in every aspect : 'unimportant' things like seating position, mirrors, instruments, pedals, ..contribute also to the performance in a race.

When looking at your car, perhaps you are wondering what the hell can be done to make it faster, except throw a lot of money at it and buy a 15000 euro engine, bolt expensive alloy panels on,etc.

At least for me it doesn't work like that : when my car is getting faster it's because of spending countless evenings and week-ends with it, and getting involved, sometimes making progress in one of the numerous aspects of the car, most hours and days bringing nothing at all.

Sooner or later you will discover that your car IS going faster and you will see more and more things that can be done.

Hi Marcel,

shure you're right with your statement...but what to do against such a huge engine power. Even if a less power car has a better handling, just one straight is needed to bring that 250hp TR4 in front again.

I always thought the limit of the TR 3/4 engine is about 205HP but 250HP is at the TR6 limit range.

The UK cars are well developed, will be interesting to see how the British force will perform on the Nordschleife.

The Triumph - Competition / Germany is supposed to race at Brands Hatch next year. Won't be easy to stay out of the way of these fast cars.

Chris

Hi Marcel,

shure you're right with your statement...but what to do against such a huge engine power. Even if a less power car has a better handling, just one straight is needed to bring that 250hp TR4 in front again.

I always thought the limit of the TR 3/4 engine is about 205HP but 250HP is at the TR6 limit range.

The UK cars are well developed, will be interesting to see how the British force will perform on the Nordschleife.

The Triumph - Competition / Germany is supposed to race at Brands Hatch next year. Won't be easy to stay out of the way of these fast cars.

Chris

Chris, a lot can be said about bhp figures. John Elison's car is known on this forum and is one of the fastest or the fastest TR4 : I thought he mentioned 212 - 218 bph and the engine's capacity is between 2400 and 2500 cc. A ninetees Porsche 911 3200cc had 231 bhp and later 250 bhp if I remember well.

So I think that a race 4 cylinder TR engine of 2186 cc (87mm bore) with a real 180 bhp is a very good one and I think that 195 bph is about the best ever figure on the Cambridge Motorsport engine dyno (87mm).

So I think that a race 4 cylinder TR engine of 2186 cc (87mm bore) with a real 180 bhp is a very good one and I think that 195 bph is about the best ever figure on the Cambridge Motorsport engine dyno (87mm).

I am far away from that. Last year I had 140-150HP and this year I hope for 150-160HP. Can't wait to see what the Joe Willems cam can do to that engine.

But before.......busy screwing to make the car race ready.

I am far away from that. Last year I had 140-150HP and this year I hope for 150-160HP. Can't wait to see what the Joe Willems cam can do to that engine.

But before.......busy screwing to make the car race ready.

I don't know what cylinderhead you have, but in general, for a 4 cyl TR engine, the cylinderhead, and to a much lesser extend also the compression ratio (11à11.3/1), are determining what maximum bhp can be achieved by trying different camshafts and tuning the Webers. I.e. the CambridgeMotorsport latest cylinderheads were very good, but CM has splitted : Pete Burgess did the heads.

I believe Klaus Deondeau , Aachen , is working for Jo Willems (cylinderheads)

I still run my car at everyday traffic so I don't wand to go to high with the compression ratio. 11:1 is the current ratio. Not a front runner car but reliable if the rods will work...

• 3 weeks later...

I still run my car at everyday traffic so I don't wand to go to high with the compression ratio. 11:1 is the current ratio. Not a front runner car but reliable if the rods will work...
mine is about 11.35 - 40, but about 2500cc and Mini Miglia Guru did head from a blank alloy billet (first one!) all moved vlave in best locations etc. Cam is very important. Mine make 212 - 218 (at the wheel so around 245+ at the fly - was ok on the road - just stopped all that now - I do not have the time and real monster for road fun! (Webber 50's as well) run on 98 Optimax so getting near CR limit with std pump fuel. :)
  • 3 months later...

BTW.....is the long Brands Hatch track not available anymore?

Is only that short one in use?

At which occasion is the long version ready to race?

Chris

The full Brands 'Grand Prix' circuit is apparently still in use. Not sure what car events it is used for, but the recent British Superbikes race used the full circuit and it looked as good as ever. Was always the best British GP circuit until big business took over.

• 4 weeks later...

Beat the Monster Green TR6 of Mike Hazlewood a month later (was over driving in first race and spun - still finished next car behind him!) I am thinking I might just post up the last two Brands vids again - what the heck, they are great. Mike has just end up the Thoroughbred Champion! Joe Hendo's car I have heard of as making 270 - 280bhp which is mental. Mike is around 260 but lighter than Hendo's. Mine has the legs on them on the shorter tracks.

4 is For Sale very soon.................... As the 6 is ready to roll.

http://www.pistonheads.tv/clip278

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/profile...amp;f=0&t=0

They is a great on of the Thruxton TB race in 04 on my Pistonheads account (Fastest TR round here on one of these laps). Only a second off Gerry Marshall in the 435bhp Marsh Plant DB4 (and this was before I put the OD box in and straight awy knocked .7 seconds of my Brands Indy time with no other changes - last race ther in 04 then first at Brands with the OD CR box - god that is a mega trick piece o kit and I will miss it when I finally race my Griffith 200 in 2009!!

Only get used a few times a year - and is very expensive on entries. Would love to have a shot at it. They indy track for its length is one of the best.

I am only interested in the long Brands track.

But first of all I am looking forward to have my first try out at Spa next year...