http://www.autonews.com/article/20181128/OEM02/181129707/michael-cook-former-triumph-and-jaguar-pr-man-dies-at-85?fbclid=IwAR3QCex6gjrG9uwWF2kZqG4qgTceO-ix4kxej-z_Bd9379EnBUO2dl-1Wus

Perhaps not as well known outside the USA but Mike has been part of the Triumph community here right up to his passing on Tuesday.

Posted here because we have no other forum that everyone can access.

Stan

I never met Mike but devoured his book TRIUMPH CARS IN AMERICA   which is still available ( for the right price! ). I was amazed to learn that he lived in Glendale, Ohio which is my birthplace. There is a picture in the book with him and his mother there in the TR2. He wrote that his inspiration for sports cars came from a nearby XK120 which would have to have belonged to my best friend's dad, Woodie Garber who lived nearby in Glendale.

Tom

• 1 year later...

I have only recently quoted an article of his from 2009, on The Triumph Europe Rally, about his reminiscences taking part in the first one of 1957. Full of life and good humour. Thank you Mike Cook and farewell.