Pre Fuel Filter

Can anyone tell me if the pre-filter fitted to the Bosch system as supplied by Malcolm at Prestige is serviceable/cleanable or is it throw away & replace?

I'd upload a photo, but "My Media" storage is full and I can't figure out how to delete old files/images with the revamped forum set-up.

Richard.

Thanks Alan,

That looks more like the post filter. I've now found the filter through a web search and the element can be changed or replaced with a metal cleanable item.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sytec-Red-Bullet-Fuel-Filter-10mm-8mm-Hose-Fitting-Carburettor-Injection-ADV/263996136328?epid=582164462&hash=item3d77655b88:g:NVAAAOSwSTpbq29A:rk:20:pf:0

Richard

I bought the Bosch system from Malcolm some time ago so filters may have changed but my pre filter is a red alloy can with one screwed end which you remove to either replace the paper filter or clean the metal one, i originally had the paper one and Malcolm supplied a metal one free of charge.

The original pre-filter on my Prestige Bosch pump kit had a paper element which needed to be replaced occasionally, probably at 10,000 mile intervals.

However, have a look at this thread for a reusable filter element:

Malcolm at Prestige sells a stainless mesh element for the pre-filter in his Bosch pump kit. Similar stainless elements can also be found on eBay.

Nigel

The one he sells is a Sytek bullet filter which has takes a cleanable metal mesh filter of a paper filter.

The metal mesh one is normal the one used as a pre-filter when used on the Bosch conversions - to scoop up the larger debris that might damage the pump, leaving the post filter to deal with the finer stuff.