Hi All

Car lifts.

Just wondering what solutions everyone had come up with?

Now its not just a TR thing as i do have a couple of other oldish steeds on the fleet that i need to look after, but i'm considering something i can use on the TR as i've still got some plumbing to do underneath, but i've also go the Wife's (cough cough) MG TF to look after and at 15 years old it needs a fair bit of fettling, with suspension and rust problems to sort, subframe and suspension rust as the body is almost immaculate, they were pretty good at the end.

But only having a domestic garage and narrow drive space is very limited, but TBH i'm a little fed up with trolly jacks, which don't fit under the MG anyway, and axle stands, its all abit of a pain and timeconsuming getting them in the air.

So i've been looking round for some kind of lift. Clearly no room for a post lift or the like, although i've seen some sizzor things and alot seen to be pretty serious bits of kit with prices to match although i've found a couple of cheapo ones but also most seem to have cross beams so not easy to access under neath.

Now has to be "portable" or at least put awayable as i cannot just leave it on my drive, so nothing fixed or big and heavy.

One i've seen is this but it looks a little low and unsure if its sturdy enough

https://www.quickjacklift.co.uk/car-lift-systems/bl-3500slx-portable-car-lift.html

So any other ideas or recommendations out there.

Cheers

Keith

Strongman Clifton here + 2

Bought used off e bay for £730 ( barely used) lifts up to 3000 kgs with entirely clear access down the centre and clear access to each wheel as they hang off the ramps. With 820mm in between ramps you can lift TRs using suitable cross beams and move them up and down the car length so giving entire coverage. With wider modern cars they sit securely on the ramps.

Check out Scissor lifts on the forums, go to Forums input Scissor lift and search, settle down with beer and read to your hearts content.

Mick Richards