Lambda sensor wire routing to cockpit

For those of you with an AFR gauge, how are you routing the wiring into the cockpit area? I have a portable LM-2 unit, however, I have decided to plumb it in permanently via a bung I had welded into the final stage of my tubular manifold. I now need to route the cable into the car, just wondering how others have achieved this?

Ian

Ian, I have an Innovate sensor. It has a small control module which sits on the flat panel next to the battery and the wiring just goes through one of the big grommets used for the loom. My TR6 is LHD so it was all pretty straightforward.

Stan

Ian

I have the same system as you. I ran the cable from the lambda sensor through an existing hole in the R side of the bulkhead into the passenger compartment. The LM2 controller sits on the gearbox cover just under the heater. I can fish it out easily if I want but I leave it there because I have an AFT gauge mounted on the dash support bracket where the radio would normally be.

David

I would look for LC-2 or better MTX, what has all the electronic in the instrument.

You can put that into the glove box and if required open the front panel and

if not it does not disturb the impression of an old car.

LM is more for aquiring data and setting the engine than permanent use.

The box is pretty large and without additional instrument difficult to read

under permanent use.

I would look for LC-2 or better MTX, what has all the electronic in the instrument.

You can put that into the glove box and if required open the front panel and

if not it does not disturb the impression of an old car.

LM is more for aquiring data and setting the engine than permanent use.

The box is pretty large and without additional instrument difficult to read

under permanent use.

I’ve owned the LM-2 for years, previously I have only used the exhaust clamp for the sensor however. When I bought my tubular manifold, I had a bung fitted and I thought I’d see how I get on with it. Once my PI issues are fully resolved I will remove the sensor and the LM-2 can go back in its box, for now it’s attached to the windscreen via the suction mount and I’ve routed the sensor cable via the speedo cable grommet.

Ian

Hi Ian,

I have a Lambda installed on my 6, and comes in via the N/S tunnel, after drilling a small hole for the wiring. My AFR gauge is mounted on the side (N/S), of the H-frame, with a bespoke bracket. It is angled at the driver, so that it is always visible, and does not impact on gear selection and passengers legs, etc.

If you send me your e-mail address, I can send you a picture of the installation.

Cheers.

Hi Ian,

I have a Lambda installed on my 6, and comes in via the N/S tunnel, after drilling a small hole for the wiring. My AFR gauge is mounted on the side (N/S), of the H-frame, with a bespoke bracket. It is angled at the driver, so that it is always visible, and does not impact on gear selection and passengers legs, etc.

If you send me your e-mail address, I can send you a picture of the installation.

Cheers.

You can’t receive any PM’s Tom, your inbox might be full, you can email me at ian_inglis@hotmail.com

Hi Ian,

I have just sent you an e-mail.

If you're at the TR weekend, you can perhaps take a closer look there ?

Cheers.

Thanks Tom, I should be there on Saturday all being well.

Ian

Hi Ian,

Me too.

Did you receicve my picture ?

If so, please send me your phone number on the back of that.

Cheers.

Done, thanks Tom.