CV AXLES VIBRATION

As Andreas has noted, propshaft ?

Lever arm shocks, I fit longer bolts then nylocks to secure.

Good luck in finding it.

Regards Harry.

Thanks Harry. The vibration was there before these shocks and mounts were installed.

It does have new telescopics mounted on solid reinforced brackets. There is no sign of any rubbing or looseness. The shocks appear to be doing their job normally.

Hi john,

it you think it is metal to metal further forward then you need to get looking for some bright metal where t has rubbed.

Check the engine bat=y as well.

Roger

Thanks Roger. It has new engine mounts but you are right, I need to look everywhere.

I get annoyed with myself when I say 'but I have checked everything' (which I feel I have) because obviously something is not right.

Apart from the vibration the car is a delight to drive; tight, very few rattles, no squeaks, good power and handling. I got 25mpg today over about 150 miles including about 15m in heavy traffic.

I just have to sort out this vibration problem, or ignore it till something gives.

Edited by John McCormack

John,

If the vibrations are at a constant frequency (nummer per minute), it is probably a rotating element.

Change gears and see if the frequency changes. If not, it is after the GB, and with all previous testing, most likeky the propshaft.

If the vibrations do not have a constant rythm, rubbing/contacting is more likely the culprit.

You are almost there:)

Waldi

Edited by Waldi