Odd or daft question

Hi All

Bit of an odd question.

Just doing some rewiring, well adding a replacement harness.

So in the general area of the Wiper motor on a RHD Pi, what goes through what holes?

Clearly the main harness goes thrpugh the large hole below the realys/fues box, but not 100% sure about the others like the ODrive wiring harness bit (same as rest of harness?) and the other cables like , oil pressure, tacho drive, windscreen washser etc etc.

So is there a diagram that would help, i've looked but cannot find one. i've also looked at loads of photo's and they all seem abit different with extas added willy-nilly it seems.

I supoose its simple if you do one thing at at time but mine was/is a blank bulkhead so starting from scratch.

I kind of assume i could use any hole for more or less anything in the right area but i'd like to get it right if at all possible.

Cheers

Keith

keith,

1. main loom and overdrive loom thru big hole underneath washer bottle
  2. oil pressure feed half way between battery and brake pipes, bulkhead, about half way up bulkhead ie centralised
  3. right hand side of washer bottle about half way up cable for bonnet opening
  4. obs two holes for washer botttle bracket above large central wireing loom hole

hope that helps

Tacho drive is through the hole on the left of the lower bulkhead below battery area.

Stuart.

post-3753-0-56690900-1525699818_thumb.jpg

Edited by stuart

Hi All

Thanks Stuart that pic of the bulkhead is useful.

Still a couple of questions which relate to my version of the pic attached.

Have i got each hole correct and still not sure about number 3 and 10.

But it also raises a couple of other questions.

How on earth is the washer pipe routed. Got it all connected up under the flap to the jets but not sure (ie no idea) how to get the long pipe to where the washer bottle is (well will be one day)

The other one is how flippin stiff should the bonnet release be?

Now i know breaking cables is a common problem so maybe it is usual, but mine seems silly. So the cable moves ok in its cover and the bonnet release catch is well hard to pull but not silly, but trying to plull the catch with the cable is kind of impossible. Is there a common problem or should i revisit the catch mechanism to try to make it much lighter, but as i said i thought it was acceptable and are there any tricks?

Cheers

Keith

post-13051-0-14465200-1525771350_thumb.png

Hi Keith,

if it was a 4A

10 = speedo

3 = washer pipe

Roger

Same on a 6.Washer pipe comes back into the car through a hole just to the left of the one for the vent flap and then round the back of the heater following the loom round to the toe board. See picture below.

Bonnet cable is never particularly easy to pull on a 5/6 due to the run of it hence why lots of people run them round and over the top of the engine with the injector pipes. I find fitting a new cable and running it through some graphite powder makes all the difference then you can fit it where its supposed to be along with the brake and clutch pipes across the back of the bulkhead.

Stuart.

post-3753-0-81251700-1525774454_thumb.jpg

Hi Keith,

If you`re not bothered about originality move the release knob and bracket to the same position on the drivers side A post.Find or drill new hole to suit.

Halves the length of the cable and provides a more direct operation.One of the best mods to do.

Also fit an emergency release kit,belts and braces and all that.

Dave

Hi Keith,

If you`re not bothered about originality move the release knob and bracket to the same position on the drivers side A post.Find or drill new hole to suit.

Halves the length of the cable and provides a more direct operation.One of the best mods to do.

Also fit an emergency release kit,belts and braces and all that.

Dave

I have done that on a few cars and it basically gives the option of a pull on either side.

Stuart.

Hi All,

Doh, speedo, obvious really. :)

As for the washers. looks like i'll be routing round behind the heater and probably taking it off again, lol.

In terms of the bonnet catch, i'll see if i can get the original location working and put some thought into a drivers side conversion as it makes sense anyway, though i don't fancy welding a bracket on a newly painted body.

I've already added an emergancy release, one of those added levers on the side pulled by a wire or rod from the drivers footwell, but its not really that practical for daily use, thought i may be able to mod it so it is.

But cheers that all clears a few questions up.

Clearly i should have taken more photos when i dismantled it all. :)

Cheers

Keith

Hi All,

Doh, speedo, obvious really. :)

As for the washers. looks like i'll be routing round behind the heater and probably taking it off again, lol.

In terms of the bonnet catch, i'll see if i can get the original location working and put some thought into a drivers side conversion as it makes sense anyway, though i don't fancy welding a bracket on a newly painted body.

I've already added an emergancy release, one of those added levers on the side pulled by a wire or rod from the drivers footwell, but its not really that practical for daily use, thought i may be able to mod it so it is.

But cheers that all clears a few questions up.

Clearly i should have taken more photos when i dismantled it all. :)

Cheers

Keith

A lot of people I know use that emergency pull instead of the original all the time as its right there under the column.

Stuart.