A Devon Group member is rebuilding a TR2 and we were looking at the heater assembly which came with the car. The heater he has looks very thin relative to the one which came with my TR3. Is this the correct one for the TR2 or is it off something else? The TR3 version is poor enough anyway and looks to have at least twice as many rows.

post-2177-0-82789000-1520951558_thumb.jpg

post-2177-0-33065900-1520951583_thumb.jpg

The larger of the two is correct for a 2 but TBH why bother unless he is a stickler for originality, better to fit one of these https://www.t7design.co.uk/products/heating/heaters/3-5kw-lightweight-heater-with-side-vents-12v.html

Stuart.

To be honest ~ I fitted a Clayton heater to my 3A. Far superior!

Tom.

Good choice but dearer than the T7 though Tom and bulkier, we like the T7 as you have so much more room behind the dash then.

Stuart.

Hi Stuart ~

I didn't know about the T7 at the time otherwise I'd gone for it ~ that's life I suppose!

Tom.

^^^ this ^^^

Mine has a motor of a Morris Minor. Slight alteration needed, but a lot cheaper than a specimen from the well-known suppliers.

My short door TR2 had the same small heater when I bought the car 42 years ago. It died and I replaced it with the bigger TR3A one. The bigger one is a big improvement.