I.D.Crisis

Michael,

The highest number for a TR6 CR series engine is circa CR4582HE. The Mark 1 2.5PI also used CR numbering on the engine so looks like you may have one of those. Easy way to check is to see if there is a recess in the top of the cylinder bore to suit the cylinder head gasket fitted to the later TR6 engines, if there isn't then you have a Mk1 2.5PI block. If the head is fitted then the later gasket has a tag to the rear of the engine on the distributor side.

Let us know what you find.

Derek

I was castigated for posting here some while ago that I had seen a 6 pot engine having its block being re-stamped, by a Very well known TR member.

You really just don't know. with things like that happening.

He proudly told me that they were the correct Stanpart stamps and cost £70 back in the day.

Hello all,Thank you for the replies.There is no recess in top of block.(all I got,with some BAD information is the block,set of 77.4mm pistons,rods , big end caps and a sad unrelated?looking crank.) I was told the block came out of a '69 Tr6 ! I read in the Rimmer vehicle I.D. section that there was a gap from CR2911 to CR5049 ???? The motor that I currently have fitted is MG2412HEBW.I plan to rebuild the original motor,CC25539HE and refit it.(I was thinking of using some of the parts from the CR block but I don't think so now) Regards,Michael.

Hi All

I've often seen this mentioned.

Are these the recesses everyone means?

Cheerrs

Keith

cnc-block-recess-cutting.jpg

derek

Thought so, so mine is right then.

Cheers

Keith