Rear trailing arm change on TR5

Looking for any tips to change the o/s trailing arm. Since purchase around 4 years ago I have been running the car with some of the arm missing (small part of the non structural edge has broken away in the past). Got a replacement and can see that it should be possible to either take the bracket holding the arm off, or take the bolt out of the bush to remove just the arm. As I say, anyone got any advice to assist?

Thanks

Mike

Looking for any tips to change the o/s trailing arm. Since purchase around 4 years ago I have been running the car with some of the arm missing (small part of the non structural edge has broken away in the past). Got a replacement and can see that it should be possible to either take the bracket holding the arm off, or take the bolt out of the bush to remove just the arm. As I say, anyone got any advice to assist?

Thanks

Mike

Mike, The factory fitted the outer bolt pointing inwards - so it cannot be pulled out the chassis/sill is in the way. Maybe it has been refitted in the past with the hex inboard, you might be lucky...

Peter

Dont think it’s wise to change only one as they are matched from Factory.

Not actually as such but there are 3 different types so you would need a matching one from the series.

Stuart.

Thanks guys. The busted one on it now, is different to the N/S and the replacement I got from Conrad is actually the same as the good one, so by changing just one, it will give me a matching pair. Thankfully Peter, the one to change has been off before (not by me) and the bolt is ok to be removed. It’s a job for the long winter nights that will quickly arrive.

Mike

Hi Mike,

the only thing to catch you out is that handbrake outer cable stop attachment nut.

It is at the 12-o-clock position on the TA and will stop the drive shaft pulling out. 7/16AF.

Check the area where the spring sits. It may have a thick ali spacer - transfer over.

Roger