Dash wood type - photos.

Hi Cappedup,

have you got a name?

My dash top is doing something similar to yours after many years..

It is made from a thing Vinyl skin with a foam base within. The vinyl is only on the top so I should think it is slightly shrinking and thus putting a bend.

I'm sure it will be able to bend back. And once anchored in the correct place should stay put for quite a while.

Under the cap there is a channel that the dash top sort of sits in. In this channel are the cage nuts for the metal dash. Have you relieved the foam over these nuts.

Roger

Hi Chris ( and Roger ),

The dash top is toast. If it's original it did quite well to get this far. In any case, those supplied by TRF are exact duplicate in appearance to original but last decades without cracking. Such distortion as shown in your pics can occur even with these, and is effectively offset by properly gluing the whole thing to the metal under it.

Let us know how you get on indeed, if you're intrepid enough to have a go righting the old one.

Cheers,

Tom