TR3A zip out rear window.

Hi All

I have not been able to find anyone out here in Spain that can alter my red hood for a zip out centre only rear window.

As I have a friend coming to England next month and he is willing to bring it with him, and return it to me about 1 month after he arrives. I would like to know if anyone who has had such a mod made, to let me have their names and addresses, so that I can approach them to do the job with confidence, as I can't afford to have the hood messed up, as the colour would be awkward to match the tonneau cover and side screens as it does at present.

Thanks

Dave

Hi Dave ~

Give Don Trimming, Birmingham UK a ring on 0121 373 1313.

They may be able to help. They make exceptionally good hoods etc.

Also try John Skinner, Cirencester. 01285 657 410.

Coventry Hood and Tonneau 01952 501177

Cheers ~

Tom.

Edited by Fireman049

Hi Dave ~

Give Don Trimming, Birmingham UK a ring on 0121 373 1313.

They may be able to help. They make exceptionally good hoods etc.

Also try John Skinner, Cirencester. 01285 657 410.

Coventry Hood and Tonneau 01952 501177

Cheers ~

Tom.

Thanks Tom, I had thought of Don Hoods, but the other two are new to me so will phone all three.

Dave

Pete and Tom

I have now tried all those companies without success. They say they are too busy to take on repair work.

When I suggested taking on more staff, even from the DSS they just said they had tried that but the people they got were too unreliable, Just more proof that the handouts are far too high, those lazy bug**rs don't want to work, they just vote Labour instead to get all those freebies Corbyn will give them and the Unions if they ever get back into power. United Kingdom gone.

Dave

TBH I suspect its more like they dont want to alter a second hand hood as they would then have to guarantee the whole thing.

Stuart.

I'd agree with ya, Stuart. A gentle way of saying they didn't want the job.

Cutting vinyl and adding a zipper would seem to be well within the scope of anyone used to working with tents and/or leather, Dave. Are you saying in all of Spain you can't find someone who would take that on? Seems like a local craftsman would be your best shot.

Don and All

Have decided to shelve that idea and rather go for a Bikini Top like you showed me, but for a giggle I would sow tassles around the sides and call it a Surrey, the one with the fringe on top. I could do with one next week as we go for three days to the Sierra Nevada in temps that are around 40deg.C at present, but will put the hood up instead against the sun.

Dave