Speedo drive off take on GB

Hi Folks,

last week I noticed how far the pinion and housing stick out from the OD.

This means that the speedo cable has to make quite a curve to run along the GB towards the bulkhead.

Is it possible to shorten the pinion and housing by apprx 1"

#97 http://www.moss-europe.co.uk/shop-by-model/triumph/tr2-4a/clutch-transmission-drivetrain/overdrives-components/overdrive-units-components.html

Roger

The non overdrive box one doesnt stick out anywhere near as much, is there a difference?

Stuart.

Not sure to be honest Roger, all I can say is I've got a number of O/D units and the speedo drive only sticks out of the casing about half of what you are showing in the photo. I can't get to the garage at present but when I can I have got a full unit on the bench & can let you have some measurements/pictures....I've also got some spare dive units I could measure for you in case your is different.

I have two overdrive units here and one has a long body and the other is short, why dont you talk to ORS they will probably be able to help.

Stuart.