PRV Threads

Hi All.

Can someone please advise the size and type of connectors that go to each of the bare threaded points shown in the photo of the standard PRV (1 x small convex, 1 x large concave)?

I'm in the process of relocating the fuel pump etc outside of the boot to get rid of the horrid petrol smell. I was originally planning to use as many of the removed parts as possible, but I'm now think it will be easier to use new flexible braided hoses with swivel connectors. The common swivel coupling over here is AN, but I can't imagine that I'd be that lucky :)

post-14246-0-02021300-1485060582_thumb.jpg

Gavin

Hi Gavin!

I think that you will find them BSP? Also petrol smells in the boot are often down to the spec. of the flexible hose used, only use SAE J30R9 or DIN 73379-3D.This spec. calls for a very low permeation through the hose wall, hence petrol smell gone. Also it can handle a high level of bio fuel! I have used this grade of hose in the boot of my TR and on my BSA motor bike and eliminated this problem.

Bruce

Thanks guys.

Another reason I'm moving the pump etc is to increase clearance for the spare and also to simplify the existing convoluted pipework. I've decide the reuse what I can after all, with new hose secured to barbed connectors with 2-ear Oetiker clamps rather than hose clamp.

Thanks for the offer of the hose Stan, but the freight is likely to be a killer - unless you also live in the land of the long white cloud?

Regards

• 2 weeks later...

Finished off the fuel pump relocation project so thought I'd post some photo's for those who may be interested in doing the same. The filter from the tank is a Volvo item, and the little box with a switch marked On & Bypass is an anti-theft device I purchased off Ali Express. Without the RF fob present within it's 3-5m range, it allows the fuel pump to run for 30 seconds and then switches it off (via the separate relay). The switch is to bypass the thing if it fails (hidden at the back of the spare wheel well, but easy enough to get to), although if that happens whilst the engine is running it doesn't kill the pump until the ignition is switched off and then on again. Pretty clever little gadget.

Gavin

post-14246-0-32469300-1485994413_thumb.jpg

post-14246-0-47511500-1485994429_thumb.jpg

post-14246-0-53093900-1485994451_thumb.jpg

post-14246-0-56116100-1485994468_thumb.jpg

post-14246-0-94153400-1485994484_thumb.jpg

Edited by KiwiTR6

Hi Andrew.

Yes, you can order via this link:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/RFID-car-alarm-one-way-car-immobilizer-products-remote-car-alarm-DC-12V-long-distance-control/32778190688.html?spm=2114.13010608.0.0.Ddm8iM

It's actually the third type of anti-theft I've purchased for the vehicle. The first was too basic and the second overly complicated. This one is just right, so I've ordered some more to sell locally (I'm in the trade). Although probably not noticeable in the photos, I opened the hole for the bypass switch a bit with a small file to make it easier to get at. The original would have required a very small bladed screwdriver to get access.

Ive mounted mine with some double-sided tape onto a piece of thick PVC sheet as you can see to give access with the spare wheel cover lifted. The supply to the pump relay from the ignition runs through the unit (which in itself has a 25A relay I think) with a third wire to earth and a short aerial wire. The thing chirps when it receives the fob signal, although it may not be terribly audible where I've got it placed. It could just as easily be mounted under the dash somewhere.

The fobs are quite small and can be turned off with a small button to preserve their battery life. All in all, a very well thought out device and quite nicely made as well. The packaging and delivery from this supplier was first class.

Regards

Gavin

Edited by KiwiTR6

Hope you never have a drive shaft let go, original routing for fuel line goes behind the shock bridge for just that reason.

Stuart.

Hope you never have a drive shaft let go, original routing for fuel line goes behind the shock bridge for just that reason.

Stuart.

Hi Stuart. That's a very valid point and I regret to say one I hadn't considered. I'll take a closer look and maybe some further relocation is in order.

Gavin