Rubber seals for tyre inflators

My son has an unfortunate habit ……….when he checks the air pressure in his tyres using my airline he holds down the detent on the nose fitting and then pretends to shoot the birds with jets of compressed air …….how old is he goodness sake!!!!!!!

Net result application of high pressure air applied to an unsecured rubber seal, results in the seal being shot across the garden to heaven knows where and a tyre inflator that doesn't work, any idea if they are available separately ? the inflators I have are only the dirt cheap ones but if I can get the seals would rather do that than replace the whole thing

ATB Graham

Hi Graham

I had the problem of the rubber going missing, so I managed to find a piece of small diameter fuel pipe. Cut to a suitable length and it's still working now. Not perfect but it'll do until I get a new one.

Suggest putting son up for adoption :) That will sort future problems out.

Alan

Thats a very kind offer Alan but think his mum might complain :D

ATB Graham

My son has an unfortunate habit ……….when he checks the air pressure in his tyres using my airline he holds down the detent on the nose fitting and then pretends to shoot the birds with jets of compressed air …….how old is he goodness sake!!!!!!!

Net result application of high pressure air applied to an unsecured rubber seal, results in the seal being shot across the garden to heaven knows where and a tyre inflator that doesn't work, any idea if they are available separately ? the inflators I have are only the dirt cheap ones but if I can get the seals would rather do that than replace the whole thing

ATB Graham

This did make me laugh !!!