Spot Light Security

Hi All

I'm about to fit spot lights on the front of my 250, but am unable to find anything which might stop them from being stolen.

When I had Cibies fitted to a car years ago, I was able to also purchase a kind of locking nut. It was a threaded steel ring with a grub screw through the side. The ring was tightened by hand and then the grub screw locked it on. It was successful in that the lights never got stolen, but I've been unable to find anything similar.

I thought of using locking wheel nuts, but they are too big (at lease the old ones I have are) and don't really want to drill through the securing bolt and fit a padlock.

Any ideas please?

Cheers

Martyn.

Hi Roger

Thank you, good idea.

I also thought of rounding off a standard nut in a lathe and then tap a grub screw through the side, but was hoping for a simpler solution.

Cheers

Martyn

There are lots of options, or at least ideas, on the web, many of them from driving light suppliers so they're well-adapted to what you're trying to do. Special tool style nuts, hard-to-grip styles. Google is a starting point:

https://www.google.com/search?num=50&site=&source=hp&q=driving+light+lock+nuts&oq=driving+light+lo&gs_l=hp.3.1.0l2j0i22i30k1l8.1180.5406.0.7773.17.13.0.4.4.0.131.1358.6j7.13.0....0...1c.1.64.hp..0.16.1239.0..35i39k1j0i131k1j0i20k1.axKR3_xMcoM

Edited by Don H.

Thanks

That's exactly what I've been searching for!

I googled Spot Light Lock Nuts and received thousands of irrelevant responses.

I'll check the size and get them ordered.

Cheers

Martyn