New Floor Protection

I have both New floor sections welded in place now and have seam sealed both upper and lower sides.

What proprietary protection underbody spray that can be obtained easily is best for a proper job for an amateur rattle can applier??

P1050429_zpsqfdfnubx.jpg

P1050426_zpsjg3e93g8.jpg

Dinitrol is good and can be found in aerosols. Read up about it first.

various sources such as ebay and Frost.

Bondarust then stone chip and the body colour.

As you know my TR6 knowledge is poor.

My sills and and all other areas are in what I suppose was just an underseal back in 1969/70, and this appears NOT to have been changed by another owner.

did they paint the underseal in body colour?

If there is any underseal left then I would remove it as it will be past it by now. Clean it up and then Bondarust and then stonechip and prime and paint. All of those are available as Aerosols and would look good and also make it more saleable.

Stuart.

Hello Stuart,

I really don't have the energy to start belting the underseal to remove it! especially as I haven't turned the shell upside down.

its still very well adhered, with no cracks. I did take a small piece off to reveal perfect paint beneath, so I would like to leave it alone.

I just want to protect the new floors I have fitted.

NTC say the floors beneath should be body colour, which I have questioned but no answer as yet, do you know, I dint think they were.

I did not say that .Get your facts right, Stuart over to you mate.

You did, its there in your post.

or have I again missed something.

You said "Bondarust Stonechip and body colour"

Or does this have another meaning ??????????

Pete,

I remember Stuart saying on a previous occasion that the stonechip should be painted bodycolour which I think is what Neil means. If it was me I'd paint the Bondarust primer with the bodycolour before stonechipping over it and then coating it with bodycolour unless Stuart thinks that the body colour won't stick to the Bondarust primer.

Mick Richards

Pete,

I remember Stuart saying on a previous occasion that the stonechip should be painted bodycolour which I think is what Neil means. If it was me I'd paint the Bondarust primer with the bodycolour before stonechipping over it and then coating it with bodycolour unless Stuart thinks that the body colour won't stick to the Bondarust primer.

Mick Richards

Not much point in wasting paint doing it that way Mick. The way I said earlier is the best combination but if you want to match up the undersael finish with the rest Pete then delete the stone chip layer and go Bondarust/scotch off/prime/scotch off/paint/underseal.

Not my choice but up to you.

Stuart.

Not much point in wasting paint doing it that way Mick. The way I said earlier is the best combination but if you want to match up the undersael finish with the rest Pete then delete the stone chip layer and go Bondarust/scotch off/prime/scotch off/paint/underseal.

Not my choice but up to you.

Stuart.

I will do the new floors as you first recommended, but the rest I will leave to A N Other.

Thanks for the specific advice too. Pete.

Mick, thanks for the advice too, best Pete.