Surrey Soft Top Frame front legs

I have checked the forum history and the internet in general but cannot find an answer as to what should be at the front of the two surrey top frame legs. Mine just have two short, narrow, metal rods wrapped in insulation tape which then 'fit' very loosely into the header rail holes. Is there something missing from the ends, should it be a tighter fit?

The hood is a good fit and (touch wood) does not let in much water but the loose fit of the front legs just seems incorrect.

Is there a correct way to fit the surrey top......sometimes we have no bother then at other times (when it has just started to rain!) we faff about for ages.

Thanks,

John

Pete/Steve,

Thanks for the info, I will order them from Moss.

In addition I have a hardtop but have not even unwrapped it since I bought the car in January but I know from the PO that it needs a few bits to allow it to be fitted----one of which is on the Moss diagram. It is a rear capping (806165) which is not available from Moss---is this a rare item or can it be substituted by an alternative or some sort? Sorry to drift off subject a little.

John S

PS I will be attending the Bo'ness Hillclimb with the car at the weekend so will seek more answers/advice there.

"It is a rear capping (806165) which is not available from Moss" Nor anywhere else, I can't find that number ! However if it's 806175 it's unobtainium. Used examples sometimes come up but I believe the Mini plastic chrome edging is also sometimes used (not as effectively).

Mick Richards

Edited by Motorsport Mickey

I've never fitted it myself but I believe it to be so, Doesn't it come in a roll and is used around the Mini wheel arches also ?

Mick Richards

Edited by Motorsport Mickey

I now have fitted the rubber frame end bits which give a much better fit. The plastic/chrome looking strip is indeed from something like a mini but has a simple profile---not fitted to hardtop yet, have also received the necessary bolts and tubes to fit the hardtop. I will take a look at what I have and see how to fit it in the next couple of weeks---probably more questions to come. Bits ordered from Revs which arrived today by post.

Thanks for the help,

John