Ignition switch and wiring diagram

Hi Guys,

I'm using the advanceautowire diagram to build my own wiring loom, but, it shows that the ground connection from the wiper motor goes to the wiper switch. Seems strange as the wiper motor itself is grounded. The haynes manual shows the power feed ( green) interupted by the switch. The haynes manual makes more sense to me, or am I missing something. And I'm not using the self park function, but again, that shouldn't matter......I think.

The Ignition switch that came with the car has 2 doubled up spade connectors, they are not marked so I really don't know which connector should be on the white wires( coming from start push button) and which one should be on the light switch.

Or, is this ignition switch not for a 3A.

Thanks,

Yves

The wiper is live.Supplied by fused green to terminal 2.

Terminal 1 ,Green and black to switch, then switch to earth. Wiper also earthed from terminal E to car body.

Don't believe Haynes....

Iain

Hi Yves,

I assume you are enquiring about the 3A (you seem to have a few TRs). The wiper motor is connected directly to 12 Volt supply and then to ground via the wiper switch. The motor direct ground is for the self park function. Earlier TRs used a live supply to the switch and the motor was connected directly to ground.

Good luck with your loom. I initially had the same intention, but ended up buying a premade one from Autosparks in the UK, (for TR4A) because it was cheaper than doing it myself. Autosparks made it to my design.

TT

Depending on the wiper motor type you have......You need to look at the loom diagram for TR3A-TR3B and how it differs from the TR2-3 at the wiper motor.

http://www.advanceautowire.com/tr24a.pdf

Peter W

PS A common problem is that the factory WSM only gives the TR2-3 wiring diagram.(cars with non self parking wiper motor) The later diagram is in the TR3 'Handy Hints' glove box hand book supplied by the factory.

PPS https://www.autosparks.co.uk/finder - loom maker

Edited by BlueTR3A-5EKT