Sorry not TR related, I have a problem with my daily driver. I have a whiring noise which on acceleration increases in noise from about 3000 revs and disappears when engine settles down. I am confident it is not the turbo , my thinking it might be the viscous fan . When cold fan blade moves freely and stays that way when the engine as reached temp. My understanding is that there should be some resistance.

Search on the net points towards fan but how and where does the noise come from?.

Temp stays constant and as yet hasn't overheated.

Thanks Mark.

Well you wouldn't believe, after days and nights tinkering and visits to the garage . I have finally sourced my problem it was not the fan ,the turbo, the intercooler hoses, the diff , the gearbox or even a wheel bearing. Turned out to be a loose piece of body trim that started vibrating at 55 mph stopped vibrating below 55mph and got louder with speed.

Cheap fix in the end just a good old clout .

Thank you all for your input.

Regards Mark.