Hi peejay/Roger

It looks that way.I've been off work today so pulled the box out again.ive removed the clutch and it looks OK still so that can go back in.all I need to know really now is what set up i need to do regards to the carrier.it looks like I need a new one again.I do still have the steel one which was fitted previous minus the pin.would this be ok if I just fitted a new pin to it and fit new bearing?

Nige

Hi Nige,

the steel carriers don't really wear out. The new Bronze ones are very poor - the material is too soft.

Fit the bearing to the steel carrier - grease/no grease who knows. I have greased my carrier as suggested on this forum.

The anti-rotation pin may be handy. If the carrier spins is will generate heat.

I have my box back in now. The pedal action feels good. I have refitted the slave return spring to see if this will help. It has increased the pedal pressure slightly.

Fingers crossed.

Roger

Hi Roger

Glad uve got box back in and hopefully all sorted.tomorrow I will order a new bearing and a roll pin.I looked at my old steel carrier tonight which was from moss and noticed the hole hasn't been drilled through to outer edge.sure will have fun drilling that as metal is quite thick on flange and very small diameter hole.anyway thanks for your help on this.will let you know when box is back in and tested

Cheers

Nige

Hi Nige,

my Moss roll pin would not go into the carrier. In the end I used a drill to open it out slightly and then used the.shank of the drill as the pin.

I wonder when it will break off.

Roger

Not long :( Please do not say pre drilled? ,how it should be ;)

• 2 weeks later...

just to let you know fitted gearbox back in last sunday.I used the alignment tool from moss for the clutch.

Although several attempts it wouldnt go on so checked it by eye again and it was a fraction out which was

enough for the gearbox not to slide home.Anyway its in now and i drove the vehicle for the first time just

down the road.Only managed to get up to 3rd gear but all seems well.Felt good driving it for the first time

my son sat in the back as well and he loved it.Anyway thanks for all the advice on this.Now its time to crack

on with all the electrics.

Cheers

Nige